Welcome to Year 3!
During the Autumn Term Year 3 will be going on a very exciting journey! Our new Learning Journeys will answer the questions 'Who first lived in Britain?' and ‘What makes the Earth angry?’ Through these exciting topics we will travel back in time to see what life was really like during the Stone Age. We will also learn about natural disasters and create our very own erupting volcano!
Don't forget about our Y3 class assembly on Thursday 19th October 2017.
Here are some of the other exciting things we will learn this term:
- Factual Report on life during early Britain
- Narrative based on ‘Little Nose the Hunter’ by John Grant
- Visual Literacy unit based on The Croods
- Newspaper article on a natural disaster e.g. Volcano eruption or earthquake.
- Narrative based on Gangster Granny by David Walliams
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a three-digit number
- Compare and order numbers up to 1000
- Add and subtract numbers mentally
- Add and subtract amounts of money to give change
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables
- ‘We Are Programmers’ and ‘We Are Bug Fixers’
Indoor P.E: Movement/Fundamental Skills (Tuesday)
Outdoor P.E: Invasion Games (Thursday)