Welcome to Year 5!
What an exciting Autumn Term we have planned! We are going on two Learning Journeys: 'Why was there a Second World War?' and 'Who were the Smashing Saxons?' We will be exploring these fascinating periods of History through Forest School activities, trips and cooking.
Our Super Start for WW2 will be our trip to Bewdley Museum on 13th September 2017. Our Marvellous Middle will take place out in the Forest School. Our Fabulous Finish will be our VE celebrations on Friday 20th October 2017.
Our Super Start for the Saxons will take place in Forest School on the 8th of November where we will be making our very own Saxon settlements. Our Marvellous middle will see us participating in an exciting Saxon workshop where we will learn lots of new things! For our fabulous finish we will be having fun recreating the Sutton Hoo Burial.
Here are some of the other exciting things we will learn this term:
- Class novel ‘An Elephant in the Garden’
- Biography of Winston Churchill
- Series of diary entries as Anne Frank
- Newspaper article on the Dresden air-raid
- Class novel ‘Beowulf’
- Biographical Recount on Alfred the Great
- Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 1 000 000
- Add and subtract numbers with more than 4 digits using the column method
- Round numbers up to 1 000 000
- Multiply and divide numbers up to 4 digits using formal written methods
- Solve a range of maths problems in context
- Properties and changes of materials
- ‘We Are Cryptographers’ and ‘We Are Artists’
Indoor P.E: Dance (Wednesday)
Outdoor P.E: Football (Tuesday)