At Gilbertstone Primary School we expect children to wear our school uniform because it unites us as the Gilbertstone Family and promotes a good attitude to learning and behaviour.
The Gilbertstone uniform consists of:
- A grey skirt, shorts or trousers
- A white shirt or white polo shirt (these are available with the school logo)
- A red cardigan, jumper or sweatshirt (these are available with the school logo)
- A red checked or striped summer dress
- Grey, red or black tights or socks or white socks
- Sensible black school shoes with fastenings that your child can manage.
- Children should only wear boots to and from school, not in school.
- No trainers and no jewellery (small studs in ears only). Children who persistently wear trainers will be asked to change into PE pumps
- Headscarves need to be school colours (black, grey, red or white)
All uniform must be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
The Gilbertstone PE kit consists of:
- A plain white T-shirt
- A pair of red/black shorts
- A pair of black pumps
- Plain tracksuit bottoms and top in red, black or grey and trainers for outdoor wear, all years. (Logo and fashion tracksuits are not appropriate)
- Any additional items worn due to cultural considerations must be in school colours
Please note that nursery children do not need a PE kit.
All items of PE kit need to be clearly labelled and in a named pump bag (not a rucksack or a fashion bag). – PE kits will not be brought into school during Autumn Term as children will come dressed for PE.
Wellington boots are also needed for our Forest School - session dates will be given in September. Children will need to take wellingtons home after their final session during their Forest School week.
Space in cloakrooms is very limited. All pupils, including Key Stage Two children are requested to use a book bag rather than large fashion bags and rucksacks.
In line with Local Authority guidance, no responsibility can be taken for any lost items.