At Gilbertstone Primary School we expect children to wear our school uniform because it unites us as the Gilbertstone Family and promotes a good attitude to learning and behaviour. Please ensure that all uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled with your child's name.
The Gilbertstone uniform consists of:
- A grey skirt, shorts or trousers
- A white shirt or white polo shirt (these are available with the school logo from local uniform shops)
- A red cardigan, jumper or sweatshirt (these are available with the school logo from local uniform shops)
- A red checked or striped summer dress
- Grey, red or black tights or socks or white socks
- Sensible black school shoes with fastenings that your child can manage.
- Children should only wear boots to and from school, not in school.
- No trainers (unless a PE day) and no jewellery (small studs in ears only).
- Headscarves need to be school colours (black, grey, red or white)
The Gilbertstone PE kit consists of:
- A plain white T-shirt
- A pair of red/black shorts
- A pair of black pumps
- Plain tracksuit bottoms and top in red, black or grey (Logo and fashion tracksuits are not appropriate)
- Any additional items worn due to cultural considerations must be in school colours.
- Children can come to school in their PE kits on their PE days.
Please note that nursery children do not need a PE kit.
Wellington boots are also needed for our Forest School - session dates have been emailed out. Children will need to take wellingtons home after their final session during their Forest School week.
If you are struggling to fund school uniform please do not hesitate to contact the school office. We may have some second hand uniform that may be suitable.
Space in cloakrooms is very limited. All pupils, including Key Stage Two children are requested to use a book bag rather than large fashion bags and rucksacks.
In line with Local Authority guidance, no responsibility can be taken for any lost items.